When I came to Blinn College, I took the TSI test. I passed math, but I did not pass reading, so I’m taking the Reading 0304 course to develop my reading and writing skills. I don’t know how to use Add and Drop courses system, so when I added Reading 0304, I did not know how do to search about my instructor, therefore I enrolled to Mr. Still class. The first day of class Mr. Still met us, described how he will teach us, and the teaching methods he will use during the spring semester. But, the class changed many things for me. First, managing time was difficult for me, when I had a lot of homework assignments, blogs, essay, and a group project. Second, this course taught me several things, but the important thing was how to find the main ideas and supporting details, to better understand the meaning of a paragraph. Third, this course Mr. Still gave weekly quizzes which required me to keep up with my studies. Some students hate this system, but in fact, the quizzes are useful in learning material. Fourth, this course taught me the deafferents between crystalizing and fluid intelligence. in fact, I thought they meant something. Fifth, every two weeks Mr. Still gave us an article that connected with our social lives, and I begin to like reading a magazine and understand the content. Sixth, this course taught me about plagiarism and I was making a copy of someone’s article and posting this article on my page.  Mr. Still gave my grade Zero, but now any articles or blog are from my mind. Seventh, this course taught me how the internet makes me stupid. The internet has decreased people to focus for a long period of time. Finally, this course with Mr. Still it is too many quizzes and in Blogs, but it is useful for us for building our reading, and Mr. Still made it a nice class. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #1 Introducing myself

Blog #4