Blog #5



One day I decided to go to a study in America. I already study in America at Blinn College and I hope to get a high score in my GPA and transfer to Texas A&M University. At the same time, it is difficult to leave my home, my family, my neighborhood where I lived my childhood, and my friends. I left my close friend who I have known for thirteen years, I met him from elementary school. The sad thing was when I left my mother a year ago to move here and she knows she could not see me for at least after five years. when I finish my studies. However, the circumstances of Palestine, are different from any other country. There is no airport, planes or trains, in Palestine. There is something called the border crossing, that is the only way out, only those who are sick, have a humanitarian condition or have a foreign passport can exit or enter this crossing. This crossing sometime closed for a whole year. If you want to travel you must register your name before one year or two years, which is catastrophic. My father came with me to register me in college, to find work for me, and to find a house. My father returned to Palestine, but the wonderful thing is that my brother lives with me, but in this life you must be strong, and I always keep in touch with my family Also, I’m moving to another for better life, but our customs in Palestine (Jerusalem) are different from that of America or any other country in term of self-reliance. In Palestine, you cannot leave your family at the age of eighteen and you are not free to decide your destiny and depend on yourself. There is self-reliance but not total dependence, but you can not leave your family. When I was nineteen years old, my father told me to work because he was studying here and he knows how life is here, in the same time he wants to teach me how to live here. But in most families in Palestine, children or teenagers live with their families until they grow up and graduate from university and get a job. Then you can decide your destiny. Most people in Palestine stay with their families. For example if you have three sons and one daughter, and if your daughter gets married and she is will go with her husband and if your house consists of five floors, the first floor will be your parents and other floors will be your sons, but if your son wants to live a house, he can leave but always came to visit his/her family like two or three times in the week. Palestine is about the same size as the Houston area. Yes, here in Texas is a wonderful life, people, a place to study and beautiful climate and you are free, but I do not have friends, I think because I have been living here for only a year. I hope I will finish my study and get a job here and see my family soon.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #1 Introducing myself

BLOG #7